Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Welcome to my blog!

Hello to the blogging world...I am clearly new to this so I'll just tell you a little bit about me.  My name is Tory and I live in Richmond, Virginia with my husband and two amazing, crazy dogs.  We purchased our house two and a half years ago and got married very soon thereafter. I have a new love for doing crafts and an even bigger love for baking.

I grew up LOVING sweets.  So, it wouldn't surprise you at all for me to say that I am a type one diabetic.  I was diagnosed when I was thirteen...after a morning of making Christmas cookies with one of my sisters.  My love of baking came soon after my diagnosis.  I have been put in charge of all of the holidays desserts in my family.  The reason: everything that I make is reduced sugar, reduced fat. And from what I'm told and what I can taste, it all tastes amazing.  My husband previously didn't like sweets.....now he can't get enough and constantly asks me to make things for him.

At any rate, I decided to start this blog because I figure that I have something to offer to people out there who love their sweets but are tired of all the fat and sugar in them. Hope I can capture some sort of an audience that will appreciate my toiling in the kitchen to find just the right combinations of ingredients to find that "oh so sweet" but not so sugary texture and fattening ingredients.

1 comment: